The Combustion Wire Flame Spray gun Process is basically the spraying of molten metal* onto a surface to provide a coating with the help of a gun. The material in wire form is melted in a flame (oxy-acetylene flame most common) and atomized using compressed air to form a fine spray. When the spray contacts the prepared surface of the substrate material, the fine molten droplets rapidly solidify forming a coating. This flame spray gun process conducted out perfectly is called a "cold process" (relative to the substrate material being coated) as the substrate temperature can be kept low during processing avoiding damage, metallurgical changes, and distortion to the substrate material.
This flame spray process has been broadly used in the past and today for machine element work and anti-corrosion coatings.
Common Materials Sprayed
- Zinc and aluminum for anti-corrosion cathodic coatings on steel
- Nickel/aluminum composite wire for bond covers and self-bonding coatings
- Molybdenum for bond coats
- Molybdenum for hard-bearing applications, excellent resistance to adhesive wear, used on piston rings, synchromesh cones, and journals.
- High Chromium steel for many applications requiring hard and wear-resistant coating
- Bronze, babbit wire for bearing applications
- Stainless steels, nickel, and Molybdenum for anti-corrosion and wear
- Aluminum, nickel/aluminum for heat and oxidation resistance
Wire Flame Spray Gun System Comprises The Following
- Wire flame spray gun
- Gas Flowmeter
- Gas control unit
- Air control unit
- Wire reel stand with a straightener
- Hose unit
Wire Flame Spray Gun Advantages
- Low capital investment
- Simple to operate
- Wire form cheaper than powder
- Deposit efficiency very high
- Possibly still best for applying pure molybdenum coatings for wear resistance.
- Portable system
- The preheating facility built-in, unlike arc spraying
- Possible to use the system in areas without electricity supply
Wire Flame Spray Gun Disadvantages
- Limited to spraying materials supplied in wire or rod form.
- Not capable of the low oxide, high density, and high strength coatings of plasma and HVOF gun.
Wire Flame Spray Gun Price
Wire Flame Spray gun price depends on the type of flame spray gun. we offer thermal spray gun, arc spray gun, flame spray gun, sand blasting machine, abrasive media, shot blasting machine in India for sale.
Wire Flame Spray gun Manufacturers in India
We are one of the best manufacturer of the flame spray gun, metalizing gun, thermal spray gun, zinc spray gun, sand blasting machine, shot blasting machine, grit blasting machine, sand blasting cabinet, shot blasting nozzle, abrasive media in India at a low price for sale.